To join the Community Energy Service team in the provision of energy advice and low carbon energy retrofit services for not-for private profit owners and operators of community buildings, across Bradford District, principally through conducting Environmental Performance Certificate reviews.
- Collect information required by the Simplified Building Energy Model software to produce Environmental performance Certificates.
- Collaborate with the Directors to identify and prepare for follow-on opportunities
- Contribute to community organisations “race to zero” plan development.
- Identify renewable energy generation opportunities.
- Follow changes and developments to regulatory framework and associated funding.
- Provide Energy Efficiency advice.
- Provide Energy Improvement retro-fit advice.
- Provide renewable energy Generation advice.
- Monitor programme outcomes.
- Support the administration of the programme.
- Compile a database of locally trusted fitters and builders including the types of work completed and customers satisfaction and their trade details.
- Support outreach events including giving short presentations about the work and its benefits.
- Promote appropriate finance models to facilitate groups in implementing their carbon reduction plans.
- Contribute to the compilation of a database of community organisation buildings including unique building identifiers suitable for GIS mapping.
- To monitor and record activity of the service including user feedback.
- To record the expenditure of the service.
- To ensure equality of access to the service for all.
- To build partnership with local groups and neighbouring similar services.
- Represent Bradford Community Energy and its work.
- To contribute to the positive promotion of the Bradford Community Energy’s services.
- To implement Bradford Trident’s employment and associated policies and procedures.
- Attend meetings and supervisions.
- Attend and participate in appropriate training or other learning activities as required.
- Be committed to safeguarding of all and willing to promote welfare at all times.
- Promote a professional manner at all times.
Employees should not refuse to undertake any roles but any role not identified on this list should be noted and brought to the employees’ appraisal. Broad requirements have been used and it will be up to the member of staff involved to fulfil the general aims by whatever methods seem to be necessary.
This role requires an enhanced and acceptable DBS check.